Sunday, June 12, 2016

Men and Makeup

I’m going through this phase of really long but empty days. Today was one of those and I found myself watching a contouring tutorial for guys and it got me thinking “why isn’t makeup for guys a thing?” I don’t know about you but I have never seen an advert that even hints at make up for guys.

The reality is that guys have skin problems too and for some the makeup would really go a long way to boosting their confidence. Or maybe guys just don’t have confidence problems? It doesn’t have to include long winged eyelashes and eyeliner like women’s make up but small things like contouring and stuff. Sure I myself don’t know jack about makeup and makeup jargon because I prefer to look like a zombie ninety percent of the time but foundation and some bronzer wouldn’t hurt, right? Even if it isn’t an everyday thing but for special events like graduation or your wedding or just a date.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Don’t guys watch movies and adverts and think ‘I want to look like that’? I want to have eyebrows like that or a jawline like that or whatever guys want?

Look at Beckham, he's sexy! But you bet your breakfast his eyebrows aren’t that thick (unless he had implants at some point, I don’t even know if this is scientifically possible) but you get what I’m saying… He could be wearing mascara and you can’t even tell (assuming he’s wearing any). He just looks great! Guys on television do it all the time but sold as natural.

And the Asian community (Korean specifically) are already ahead. Have you seen how fresh ALL Asian guys look? That’s because they’re already way ahead in the makeup industry and they do so without looking gay, not that there’s anything wrong with looking gay, makeup isn’t just for gay men actually. Check out these before and after pictures, although the guys come nowhere near Beckham but they look pretty good with the makeup!

Source:MiszPosh
Source: beautymakeuptutorial
Source: 

There really is no shame in wearing makeup up as a guy and I don't understand why there aren't more guys doing it. There is a market for make up for men and it’s just sitting there patiently waiting to be harvested. 

 Subscribe to Stellies Afro Chick:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. Great thought :) I've never really thought about it like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it should be a thing hey, it seems to work for celebrities I think it's only a matter of time before regular guys start using it as well... well at least this is what I think

      Delete